Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Down...

Today I ended up running by myself again, so it took the "opportunity" (that's in quotes because I really wouldn't want to do this more than once every few weeks) to work on my speed. I set out hoping to run 10K faster than normal but slower than my goal, so that I could see how it felt and still have a fun race time to beat. (Un)Fortunately, that's not how it turned out! I set out fast (for me) from the get go and aside from some slow downs at a couple of hilly sections, I kept up a pace in the 8's (EIGHTS!!!!!!!) for the entire 10K. Holy wow! I didn't actually think that was possible for me! My 5K time was only about 50 seconds slower than my awesome fast one earlier this year, my 5 mile time beat my previous best 5 mile time by a minute and a half, and my overall pace for the whole 10K was 8:40. For me, that is some seriously awesome and amazing running. My goal (see the previous blog post) was to run a 10K this fall/winter in under 57 minutes, which I thought was doable, but would still be really hard. This morning, I ran it in 53:46. Wow Wow Wow. That makes me so happy! (And really afraid to try running another 10K distance anytime soon, because I'm not sure I'll ever be able to duplicate that!!!)

1 comment:

brittney said...

wow! Totally awesome!! WOW WOW WOW is right. That is WAY cool.